martes, 11 de octubre de 2011

The story behind my Fashion Week ONLYYY Dress!!!

So here is the deal,

I didn't have the means to show a full collection at San Juan High Fashion Week this past week buuuuutttt, i got a phone call from a friend that rented a kiosk space at "The Shops Area". Her name is Marisel San Inocencio and, yes, she is as crafty and fabulous as she is nice and well spirited. She proposed that since she was advertising a machine that does material cutouts she wanted me to design and execute an outfit for her to add the fabulouuuus cutouts... Well, we met and yes, I was all in, and somehow during the conversation I proposed to do a SUIT-DRESS (at least I thought it will standout from a multitude of chiffon dresses), after she told me that revealing was in just a few days, making me feel tempted to do a chiffon dress (LOL).

What the heck!!!, I thought, we will make it work and yes WE DID!!! It took me two days to do the pattern, cut the fabric, double lining it since it was kinda see through and sew it for her to do the application of the high gloss "charol" forms she patiently cut. We were both amazed that in just a few days we completed a look that would remind me that effort pays off and doing the difficult and methodical designs can sometimes be rewarding during immediate tense deadlines.

We went to the main event area previous to the shows while everybody waited to enter the room and got some interesting feedback, weird looks and a lot of approving smiles. I believe Marisel networked and found a few possible clients for her product. While that happened, I kept peaking in the room where my future fashion shows will be held (NEXT YEAR PERHAPS???) Here is the result and we really hope you like it!

Sincerely, Rey Ortiz
Long Story Short- Avoid Chiffon or as I call it in Puerto Rican Spanish CHIFOOOOOOO!!! Deadlines are a good thing.

To contact Marisel and her fabulosity please go to zonakreativa.com or on Facebook







My sister didn't hesitate and jumped into my dress while I was visiting my mom... She was the perfect size for it!

1 comentario:

  1. Amazing story... i bet u will become huge in just a blink of an eye... dedication, creativity, disposition..., speaks volumes in u! Love ur work!

    ResponderEliminar